Tips Before D-Day
If the bride wears a pair of vintage shoes, it is believed that this couple will be blessed with fortunes in the coming of years.”
- Use perfume as it stays longer than eau de Perfume eau de Toilette eau de cologne and body splash.
- If you decide to try a new fragrance on your wedding day make sure you’ve already got used it to it in at least a month before D-day. This is to avoid you from suffering any allergic reaction.
- Testing a new perfume it also to adjust it with you natural aroma. A perfume will react differently to different heat and oil of the human body. Involve your partner in selecting your new perfume.
- Apply the layering technique that is using several products with the same scent. Starting from soap lotion and end it with perfume.
- To avoid any stain on your dress spray perfume before you get dressed.
- To make the scent last longer spray the perfume on your pulse-wrists behind your ears at the back of your elbows and on your ankles.
- In tropical climate wear a light fragrance and avoid heavier ones.
- Keep your perfume in the refrigerator to make is fragrance last longer.
- Don’t wear it too much as it could be disturbing. Remember your guests want to meet you not your perfume!
- Before D-Day put on cold eye cream regularly to reduce puffiness and dark circles.
- Go for waterproof mascara that will last along time. A wedding is supposed to be a tearful and happy occasion right?
- Go for light brown eyeliner. Avoid black color as it gives ‘tough’ impression especially for daylight or outdoor parties.
- Go for soft colors eye shadows.
- If you have a light skin tone choose white eye shadow to highlight your eye bones. For those of you with darker skin go for soft peach or vanilla eye shadows as highlighter.
- Keep in mind that eyebrows must be tweezed and shaped with eye shadows suitable with your hair color.
- Brush your eyebrows with brown eye shadow for a natural look.
- Prepare eye drops as a first aid if your eyes become red from exhaustion or irritation.
- Avoid salty food that could make your eyes look puffy.
- Start doing a regular facial treatments 6 months before your wedding day to remove dead skin cells and blackheads.
- Don’t do any facial treatment within 10 days before the wedding day.
- Drink as much water as possible in order to have a radiant and moist face.
- The right shade of foundation is the key to your beauty. Do a test with two shades that are closest to your skin.
- Don’t forget your blush-on! It will make your face look fresh in an instant. Use pink if you have fair skin and use rose if you have darker skin.
- Put on foundation and powder on your face evenly especially on the eye area.
- Remember the camera is very candid and it will capture any flaw or blemish on your make up! Surely you don’t want to be seen as if you were wearing a mask in the photos of your wedding day!Remember the camera is very candid and it will capture any flaw or blemish on your make-up! Surely you don’t want to be seen as if you were wearing a mask in the photos of your wedding day!
- Stay natural
- Don’t be too far away from your make-up artist! At photo time
- ask your make-up artist to put on some loose powder so your face won’t look oily.
HAND AND FEET
- Perform waxing to remove unwanted hairs on legs and put on some lotion on the feet to avoid dryness.
- Regularly perform manicure and pedicure before the wedding day.
- Don’t forget to whiten your teeth before your wedding day so your lips will look shinier.
- Get used to wearing moisturizer that contains vitamin E so you won’t have chapped lip on D-Day
- Remove dead skin cells by using toothbrush soaked in warm water.
- Wear a bright lipstick. Forget nude or brown colors. Because it would make you look pale in the pictures
- especially when you are wearing a white gown.
- If you wear a lipstick in natural color blend it with rose color.
- If you wear a lipstick in dark color blend it with pink color.
- Regularly scrub your neck before your wedding day
- Put on light lotion on your neck.
- Use bronze powder on your neck and chest to give shimmering effect
- and make sure you put on make-up that is of similar tone as your skin color!
- Perform body treatment to make your skin look radiant.
- Don’t use foundation on your skin because it will stain your dress!
- Use lotion with SPF especially if you will get married outdoor. Not only will you be covered from the sun but your skin will also look rosy in the pictures!